Winter Wedding Food and Cocktail Staples
EngageNewswire.com is a high ranking blog, press release and news publishing website. We publish content from trusted sources.
Some things are meant to go together like you and your soon-to-be spouse, or the following recipes with a winter wedding. (Related topic: event spaces)
RELATED: If you’re on the lookout for a bar/bat mitzvah facility, event spaces or a celebration facility to host your next party, check out LIFE’s Facebook page for daily updates and promotions. LIFE is Westchester’s newest special events location; they offer a modern industrial event space on the cutting edge of special event venues. If you need more info about events, or if you would like extra info on a particular service, do not hesitate to contact them or call them at 914.591.4400.
If you’ve already nailed down a celebration facility for your winter wedding, you’ve decided on the decor, the entertainment and everything else but you’re still unsure about the food, check out the following traditional ideas for food and cocktails. Of course, you can always add more modern and interesting dishes but just in case you want to have a safe choice, have a look at the ones below.
– For the Cocktail
Bite-sized versions of all-time favorite comfort foods are the staple you cannot miss. Include demi forks with seafood ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs and mini panini on sticks.
Make sure the drinks you serve are something warming for the cold season like mulled wine, stouts and even ice wines. Include some seasonal options too such as hot chocolate, apple cider, tea and coffee.
Some popular recipes include:
- Apple and blackberry mulled cider
- Crackers with cheese and sugared cranberries
- Fried ravioli Caprese Stacks
- Glogg, a Swedish version of mulled wine
- Mini hamburgers or cheeseburgers will always work
- Spaghetti and meatball with greenery bite-size appetizers
- Meatballs with sesame seeds and greenery
- Turkey, tomato, onion and lettuce sliders
– The Starters
It’s winter so everyone will be comforted by a hot and creamy soup served with a nice freshly baked bread. However, salads are an all-time favorite starter too.
You can serve spicy tomato soup with garlic ciabatta and wild mushroom soup with rosemary and thyme rolls, or a Guinness and gouda cheese soup. If you’re leaning towards the salads, then try the classic cranberry, pear, walnut, and goat’s cheese salad on a bed of tender greens.
Other popular recipes include:
- Arugula, beets, pecans and cranberries salad with balsamic dressing
- Beer and Cheddar soup with herbed toasts
- Comforting tomato soup with greenery, cheese and toasts
- Cranberry, apple, cheese, nuts and greenery salad
- Creamy vegan mushroom soup
- Roasted tomato onion basil soup with herbs
- Winter salad with fruits, nuts, herbs and cheese with a citrus vinaigrette
– For the Main Course
The most traditional menu ideas for winter include prime cuts of beef like filet mignon and seafood options like baked salmon. Others prefer to serve their guests a family-style roast, including dishes such as that gorgeous golden pastry stuffed to the brim with braised beef and slow-roasted vegetables. If you need a vegetarian option, try a pasta dish like cheese-stuffed ravioli.
If you want a few extra options, try:
- Baked salmon with creamy lemon dill sauce
- Beef Wellington
- A vegan spinach and mushroom pasta
- Pan-seared filet mignon with garlic and herb butter
- Vegetarian Ravioli with pumpkin and ricotta
Seasonal fruit tarts are a must. Some people also enjoy warm pudding with vanilla bean custard, or crème brûlée served with hot espresso. Remember to serve hot drinks such as tea, coffee, and hot chocolate, and consider a liquor-spiked dessert drink.
If you’re still looking for more ideas, try the following:
- Bourbon spiked hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and salted caramel
- Creme brulee topped with a raspberry
- Italian hot chocolate
- Pomegranate chocolate tart is a refined solution for winter
- Rosemary grapefruit tart is a delicious winter solution
EngageNewswire.com EngageNewswire.com is a high ranking blog, press release and news publishing website. We publish content from trusted sources.