Team Building Activities
Running a business is hard work, and what makes a business possible is having a good team. A good team will work well together, communicate effectively, and have a good work ethic. If your team needs to work on these things, team building activities in a team building venue in Westchester will help improve your team’s work ethic. (Related topics: event spaces Westchester, special events venue Westchester)
RELATED: If you’re on the lookout for event spaces in Westchester, birthday party venues in Westchester or a celebration facility in Westchester to host your next party, check out LIFE’s Facebook page for daily updates and promotions. LIFE is Westchester’s newest special events and live events location; they offer a modern industrial event space on the cutting edge of special event venues. If you need more info about events, or if you would like extra info on a particular service, do not hesitate to contact them or call them at 914.591.4400.
Advantages of Team Building:
- Helps improve problem solving and decision making skills.
- Promotes teamwork and enhances productivity, which can improve their work ethic in the office as well.
- Encourages your team to use creative thinking.
- Improves meaningful communication between employees as they learn each other’s strengths, weaknesses, and personality.
Team Building Activities:
- The Mine Field – At the team building venue in Westchester, mark the beginning, end, and route to this obstacle with tape. Along the route, place objects (mines) that need to be avoided. Get in groups of 2 to 4 people and blindfold one of the people. The other team members will then need to verbally instruct the blindfolded member through the route, while helping them avoid stepping on the objects. This activity promotes trust, listening, and communication.
- The Egg Drop – Each group of about 3 to 5 people will have an uncooked egg and office supplies such as tape, pencils, straws, packing material, and rubber bands. The goal of this activity is to build a contraption that will protect the egg from breaking when dropped. Give each team 15 minutes to complete the project and then drop the egg from the tallest area in the team building venue in Westchester, such as a stage or latter. This game promotes teamwork and problem solving.
- Shark Tank – This game is an imitation of the show “Shark Tank”. After splitting into teams of 2 to 6 people, each team needs to come up with their own unique imaginary product and then develop a pitch for it, which should include things such as brand name, business plan, marketing plan, and financial data. Each team will present their idea to the judges and the judges can decide if they want to invest their imaginary pool of money. This promotes teamwork, creative thinking, and presentation skills.
Here are three of the many activities that you can do at a team building venue in Westchester. Your business will benefit from these activities because they aim to improve the work ethic among your employees.