Good dental health is extremely important for children. A beautiful and healthy smile will ensure your child is happy and healthy and enjoys a happy childhood. Children struggling with dental cavities are constantly exposed to pain and discomfort, and this constant pain can lead to infections that are more difficult to treat. Visit a pedodontist saddle river at least once a year for a regular checkup with your child. The dentist will perform a thorough exam and any necessary treatments (such as fluoride treatments or applying dental sealants to prevent caries).
Dental health advice for babies:
- Ensure to wipe the gums twice a day using a soft cloth. To clean any bacteria and sugars that lead to dental cavities, perform this cleaning immediately after the first feeding and then later before being bred. Just use a clean, damp cloth to complete the cleaning.
- When the first teeth appear, brush your child’s teeth twice daily using a toothbrush with soft bristles. At this point, it is not yet recommended to use toothpaste. Instead, clean the teeth using plain water.
- When your baby turns 2, ensure to visit a pedodontist saddle river for the first dental checkup. The dentist will perform an exam and suggest proper dental care at home.
- When the first tooth appears, you can also mention to your dentist that you would like to get a fluoride varnish treatment for your child to prevent dental cavities.
Dental health advice for children:
- Children should brush their teeth twice daily using a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste. Children should use a toothbrush with soft bristles
- Children should drink tap water that contains fluoride
- Talk to your dentist about getting dental sealants for your child. The sealants will be applied onto the chewing surface of the back molars to prevent the apparition of dental cavities.
- Children younger than six should be supervised while brushing their teeth. Use only a tiny amount of fluoride toothpaste and ensure that your child spits the toothpaste.