If you are getting ready to buy a home, you need a new york real estate attorney. You want to avoid surprises such as outstanding debts, ownership problems, or costly contract revisions. It would help if you asked for referrals from friends and family to find an excellent real estate attorney. You could also talk to your real estate agent for a recommendation or start research online. One of the most important things to remember is that you should hire a highly knowledgeable and experienced new york real estate attorney. Contacting the state bar association is also a good idea to get some recommendations.
Also, it would help if you run a little bit of research before thing the respective attorney. For example, you can conduct the screening by asking the lawyer a few essential questions. Keep in mind that most lawyers offer their first short consultation for free, so this is your moment to ask a few important questions such as:
- Is the lawyer experienced in the type of transaction you are interested in?
- Ask the lawyer how many real estate transactions he has closed in the past months.
- Ask the lawyer if he is a member of the real estate section of the local bar association.
- Also, ask the lawyer if he is on that specific list of approved attorneys where he can close loans for different large banks.
- Remember to ask the lawyer about the fees charged. Top lawyers are always transparent about their prices, so they will let you know if they charge an hourly or commission-based fee, etc. Knowing exactly how much you will have to pay extra for the lawyer fees is essential.
Last but not least, you should ask the lawyer about his availability. Knowing how to communicate with your lawyer if you have any questions or concerns is essential. Many lawyers are available via chat, phone calls, emails, etc. Every lawyer has a preferred means of communication, so you should know this beforehand.