There are many easy tips available that you can implement to maintain your bladder healthy. Besides visiting a urologist Manhattan regularly, make sure to implement these tips to keep your bladder in top shape:
- Drink enough water- Drink between 6 and 8 cups of pure water daily. Also, reduce your caffeine and alcohol intake because these drinks irritate the bladder, making symptoms worse.
- Implement good bathroom hygiene habits- typically, you should go to the bathroom between 4 and 8 times a day. During the night, you should not have to go to the toilet more than twice. If you have noticed that you need to urinate frequently during the night, you should schedule a visit with a urologist Manhattan to check what can be the problem.
- Avoid foods that may irritate your bladder- here; we can include caffeine-based foods and beverages, chocolate, and extremely spicy and acidic foods such as citrus fruits or tomatoes. Some of these highly acidic foods can make urinary incontinence worse.
- Perform pelvic floor muscle exercises to keep those muscles strong and healthy. Kegel exercises have plenty of health benefits, so you should perform them regularly.
- Give up smoking- tobacco is a leading cause of bladder cancer, so giving up smoking will significantly cut your risk of developing such a disease.
Lastly, ensure to visit a urologist whenever needed or at regular intervals for a checkup. Inform your healthcare provider about any symptoms that bother you, and never feel embarrassed to discuss these issues. The sooner you will go to the urologist, the faster you will be able to get well. Most bladder-related symptoms can be remedied through lifestyle changes. If the problem is more complicated, your doctor prescribes medications or indicates surgery or bladder retraining. If you notice you have any kinds of symptoms that seem out of the normal range, talk to your doctor immediately.