Humans spend 1/3 of their lives in bed, and this is a fact. Therefore, you need to pay special attention to the type of bed you choose. It needs to be functional, beautiful, extremely comfortable and stylish. Historically-inspired beds are highly popular because they have amazing carved details, they are imposing and they reflect a piece of history in your home. So when you start decorating your bedroom, you should start by choosing the perfect bed. Have a look at the wonderful historically-inspired beds offered by The Federalist Online.
As a next step, you can start making your bedroom cozy and welcoming by implementing these tips:
- Always add a touch of wood to your bedroom- wood is a natural element and it adds warmth and coziness to your bedroom.
- Create a beautiful ambience with the perfect lighting- cozy bedrooms require light, but not that highly diffusing, strong light. This is a place to relax and sleep well so you need ambient light that is comfortable. Create an intimated mood by selecting different sources of lighting such as a nice and soft beside lamp, and ceiling light for when you need more light in the room.
- Choose the centerpiece- a dramatic style bed that will become the centerpiece of attention in your bedroom. Four –poster beds are truly dramatic and beautiful at the same time. Think of it that your bed is the piece of furniture that needs to “dominate” your bedroom, so choose a beautiful piece.
- Always opt for soft colors and calming and cozy materials for your bedroom- Instead of opting for bright popping colors, for your bedroom stay with the soft and calm colors and textures. Bedrooms should not display very bold graphics and designs- after all, this is the place where you want to relax not have your senses awakened. Choose quilted pillows, comfortable knits in neutral/natural colors, and faux-fur throws all throughout your bedroom. Choose plush area rugs that you will place on either side of the bed, to get that comfortable first feeling when you touch the ground in the morning.
- Last but not least your bedroom is not a recording studio- and for maximum relaxation try to stay away from anything tech- TV, radio, Bluetooth speakers and so on.