ED- or Erectile Dysfunction is a condition where the patient is incapable of getting or keeping an erection that is firm enough to lead to sexual intercourse. ED on an occasional basis is not uncommon, and men mostly experience erectile dysfunction during stressful times. Struggling with an erection problem from time to time is not always an issue that should raise concerns. However, ongoing erectile dysfunction can lead to self-confidence and relationship problems. An urologist nyc can help remedy the problem through proper treatment. Men should never feel embarrassed to reach out to a professional in order to receive the right treatment and remedy the problem.
Erection problems can also be a sign that there is an underlying health condition present. Patients who are concerned about their erection should talk to their urologist nyc, because by treating an underlying heath problem can help reversing erectile dysfunction. If there is no underlying health condition present, the urologist will prescribe a direct treatment that helps. Some of the most common possible causes of erectile dysfunction include the following:
- High blood pressure (hypertension complications)
- High cholesterol problems- lowering cholesterol levels can help reversing erectile dysfunction problems
- Stress, anxiety and depression- most commonly, when stress and anxiety are kept under control, men will not struggle with erectile dysfunction
- Relationship problems
- Diabetes– especially type2 diabetes. ED most commonly happens because there is direct damage to the blood vessels and the nerves because of poor control of the blood sugar
- Some prescription medications can also temporarily cause erectile dysfunction- especially medications used for the treatment of depression or hypertension
- MS- Multiple Sclerosis / Parkinson’s Disease
- Drug use, alcohol & tobacco use
When discussing with your urologist, always mention the type of medication that you are currently taking. Also mention if you struggle with insomnia, stress or other such issues. The faster you reach out for professional help, the sooner your ED will resolve.