Planning a trip to Medellin is more complex than booking an Airbnb and winging it. The trip requires research on the area where you’ll be staying and verifying your rental’s legitimacy. This sounds simple, but a handful of Medellin vacation rentals on Airbnb are fake. Yet no one seems to do anything about it.
But we’re not here to talk about fake listings. The purpose of this article is to steer aspiring travelers in the right direction. What are the best areas for bachelor parties, single travelers, and family trips?
Medellin Vacation Rentals – Fake Listings
Ok, maybe we are here to talk about fake listings. Airbnb has a plethora of rentals located in various parts of the city. But the most popular area will always be El Poblado. Parque del Poblado, Parque Lleras, and Provenza are the most popular.
We can’t show you every single fake listing on Airbnb for Medellin. But we can tell you how to spot a fake.
- Brand-new listings are tough. Be sure to check the legitimacy of the host. Meaning, whether he has other listings. If he doesn’t, verify if there is a company name on his display picture. If you can’t find anything, book at your own risk.
- Reviews are a no-brainer. But be sure to check out the frequency of reviews. If the last review was 2 years ago and they’re months or even years apart, probably not a good sign.
- Cancellation policies. These are big as well. Many landlords will have strict cancellation policies. This isn’t a deal breaker if their reviews are frequent and their response rate is quick. In layman’s terms, if their cancellation policy is strict, be sure to see if the landlord is at least a super host.
- Super host status and # of reservations. Not being a super host doesn’t have to be an obstacle. You have to start somewhere, but make sure their reviews are worth your interest in their rental.
- Reviews. This is a no-brainer. Before you book a rental, you likely have a handful of questions. House rules, amenities, what you get vs what you see, etc. Many former tenants likely had similar questions. Read their reviews and see the rental’s benefits and where they fell short.
Best Areas for Bachelor Parties in Medellin
Staying in El Poblado doesn’t mean you have to always stay in Parque Lleras (the main nightlife area). Your bachelor party group can stay in Los Balsos, Las Palmas. Places that are a bit further from nightlife. But hear me out. Staying outside of the nightlife allows you to find larger, single-family units. Places with infinity pools, higher ceilings, and a lot more privacy.
It all depends on what you’re looking for. Do you want to walk to restaurants/bars/clubs? Or are you looking to host private events with the occasional visit to the nightlife area?
For us, Medellin vacation rentals located 10-15 mins away yield the best results for bachelor parties.
This company for instance offers a ton of great rentals at the best prices.
Best Areas for Single Travelers and Family Trips
If you’re here on your own or on a family trip, the recommendation is a bit different. For smaller groups and family trips, we recommend staying near the nightlife areas. Here, everything is walkable making your trip less focused on thinking.
Single travelers like the allure of hotels because of the added safety and free breakfast. If you’re an aspiring solo traveler and not looking for a hotel. We recommend checking out the Energy living, Blux, or Soul building.
Families prefer more family-oriented hotel chains. The Intercontinental, Dann Carlton, Sheraton, or Marriott hotels.
How to find the best Medellin Vacation Rentals?
As you can see, it all comes down to what you’re looking for as a traveler (or group of travelers). But since most groups don’t know exactly what they want, this is why we recommend this agency.
Medellín Crew works with most landlords in Medellin with the best rentals. You don’t have to book with them but we can guarantee the best prices on luxury rentals. But even if you’re just browsing, be sure to contact them for advice on the city’s best rentals and best hotels in Medellin.
Look out for fake listings, and plan at least 3 months in advance.
Do you have any other questions about Medellin vacation rentals?