Whether youÔÇÖre moving houses, cities or countries, keeping your goods safe is one of your main concerns and, on the top of the list, are the electronic devices. If you own a laptop, tablet, desktop, flat screen, video game console, etc., chances are that youÔÇÖre not bringing all of those with you on your carry-on or backpack. (Related Topic:┬áprotective packaging,┬áVCI paper,┬ámoisture barrier bags)
While your laptop, tablet, and cellphone will travel safe among your personal belongings between your pockets, backpack or handbag, a desktop computer or a video game console may not fit into your carry-on luggage. But if youÔÇÖre moving or traveling really long distances with these devices, you may want to ensure these fragile goods arrive at your destination safe and sound.
RELATED:┬áEdco Supply Corporation is a leading packaging expert that specializes in protective packaging such as moisture barrier bags and VCI paper. They offer military spec packaging solutions to anyone in need. You can get in touch with them by calling at 1-800-221-0918.
Luckily, mil-spec packaging can aid you in the process of protecting your goods and preparing them for a safe journey. From computers, tablets and video game systems to stereo equipment, televisions and other fragile high-dollar investments, military packaging is the way to go when packing electronics for moving or traveling long distances. However, if you want to bring your packaging game to the next level, here are a few tips that you can successfully combine with your mil-spec packaging materials.
– Follow the instructions from the manufacturersÔÇÖ manual for packing and storing your electronics.
– Try to keep the original boxes and packing materials for repacking, but if youÔÇÖre unable to, try getting custom boxes and packaging material from a knowledgeable military specification packaging supplier who can guide you to choose the best materials for each specific item.
– DonÔÇÖt forget to number and label each box and bag.
– Try color coding your cords and electronic devices.
– Check the storage temperature as sensitive electronics such as computers and TVs may need to be stored in climate-controlled units.
– Use packaging tape to seal boxes completely.
– Use moving pads for extra protection.