Respecting good dental care hygiene will ensure children will have better overall health. Poor oral health leads to pain, discomfort, improper nutrition, and the inability to speak well or chew food correctly. Therefore, the best kid’s dentist franklin lakes, highly recommend that parents should take their children to the dentist regularly. Taking your child to the dentist for a checkup is recommended by the time the first teeth start showing.
Pediatric dentistry is typically dedicated to offering dental care services to children from infancy to their teen years. Kids start to get their first teeth during their first six months of life, and by the time they are 6 or 7 years old, they will lose their milky teeth, followed by a replacement by permanent teeth. Taking care of the baby teeth is particularly important because they act as “placeholders” for the permanent teeth. Talk to the best kid’s dentist franklin lakes, about when you should take your child to the first visit and discuss the primary dental care routine your child should follow with the dentist.
Without proper dental care in the early phase of their life, children can struggle with dental decay, leading to a lot of pain, discomfort, infection, and dental health complications. What are some typical comprehensive dental care services offered by pediatric dentists?
- Preventive dental care includes a wide range of dental services, such as dental cleaning, polishing, sealant applications, fluoride treatments, and good nutrition information.
- Early checkups and assessment or treatments for teeth straightening and/or the correction of an improper bite (such as the need to wear dental braces)
- Infant oral health checkups- checking teeth &gums
- Risk assessment for dental caries in infants and toddlers
- Oral health habit management + dental health education
Parents can always do plenty in terms of caring for the dental health of their children, such as:-
- Encouraging kids to brush and floss their teeth regularly (morning/ evening)
- Ensuring they follow a nutritious diet
- Regular dental checkups at the dentist