Regarding septic tanks, regular maintenance is the key to the excellent functioning of your system. Contact experts on septic pumping mabbettsville NY, and schedule your next maintenance session. The experts will carefully inspect the premises and perform any necessary maintenance. However, there are a few things you should not do when it comes to septic tanks:
- It would help if you did not use the garbage disposal- garbage disposals may seem practical, but they should not be used when you have a septic tank system. The garbage disposals add grease and solids to the wastewater; everything can build up quickly and lead to a clogged drain field. If you must use a garbage disposal, limit its use as much as possible.
- You should not flush anything except toilet paper- you should never flush baby wipes, facial wipes, tampons, or sanitary pads. Please remember that septic tanks operate on bacteria that digest organic matter. For example, these will not be outlined when you wash down baby wipes. Even those wipes labelled flushable should be collected in the trash can instead of being flushed. This will prevent sewer backups and other costly issues with your plumbing system.
- With septic tanks, you should pay attention to water usage and the volume of water you send there. For example, you can genuinely take care of your septic system by turning off the water while brushing your teeth, shaving, etc. Also, it would help if you did not run the washing machine and dishwasher simultaneously to limit the amount of water you send into the tank.
- Never use any chemicals down the drain or your septic tank unless septic pumping mabbettsville NY has directed you experts to do so. The harsh chemicals destroy the good bacteria in the septic tank, and the bacteria are not effective at breaking down solids.
- Don’t use additives- these only add extra solids to the septic tank and can lead to a clogged drain field.